Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst . 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2006-2007 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Default Re: at ASU 2/8

Quote Originally Posted by jamesthejeweler
    haaaaaaa, you know i would never be refering to you. but since you bring it up no man, i 'm messing with you. i know you're as happy as anyone that they're finally getting it together. even if they didn't, i'm sure it would all be forgotten soon with baseball at our doorstep!
    Tkx. See you at The Tigue!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    Alright. Good job Cajuns!

It's an anomaly. an excursion from the norm. it cannot be happening. This team cannot be improving on the back stretch of a defeated season. I refuse to recant. There is no way Coach Lee can coach. There is no way this lack of experience is starting to make a turn. It cannot happen. They just cannot do it. Come on. these other teams are on the take.
    What in the world is going on here?

This is intolerable. It has been stated and cannot be overturned. this program is a loser. This experiment has tried and failed. What, again, is going on here? This team cannot possibly be getting it together. What? In preparation for tournament play? Come on! We must fire the coach and belittle this team. But, how oh how can we do this if they don't keep up the losing? Dadblamit!
    Slow down guys. To borrow a phrase.If you want to crown 'em, then crown their asses, but the boys are who we thought they were"

They are playing better. But they haven't turned the corner, yet. they are approaching it, maybe already starting to apply the breaks to make a safe turn. But, i've seen it too many times by you guys. Something starts to go right, everyone starts getting excited, telling the naysayers to eat their crow, then they lose a couple more, becaseu they aren't quite there yet, and everyone gets a ruffled up again. Just have some patience. Give them time. Just enjoy the ride, don't get too low or high. If we're lucky, we'll get to host a play-in game. then we might get to steal one at home in the tourney, but these boys are still climbing the hill. Next year shouldn't be as bad as this one, but with more freshmen coming in next year, and losing Mouton, Hart, Hebert, james, etc., there will be some holes to fill and there will still be some growing pains. Remember this is a long road, with the destination a fwe years down the road. Just sit back and enjoy the scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Slow down guys. To borrow a phrase.If you want to crown 'em, then crown their asses, but the boys are who we thought they were"

They are playing better. But they haven't turned the corner, yet. they are approaching it, maybe already starting to apply the breaks to make a safe turn. But, i've seen it too many times by you guys. Something starts to go right, everyone starts getting excited, telling the naysayers to eat their crow, then they lose a couple more, becaseu they aren't quite there yet, and everyone gets a ruffled up again. Just have some patience. Give them time. Just enjoy the ride, don't get too low or high. If we're lucky, we'll get to host a play-in game. then we might get to steal one at home in the tourney, but these boys are still climbing the hill. Next year shouldn't be as bad as this one, but with more freshmen coming in next year, and losing Mouton, Hart, Hebert, james, etc., there will be some holes to fill and there will still be some growing pains. Remember this is a long road, with the destination a fwe years down the road. Just sit back and enjoy the scenery.

Great Post!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Oh OK. I'll ask your permission next time when/if it is OK to show what level of enthusiasm (I say with a grin). My point was not to herald the second coming. There are some naysayers who are quick and willing to pen their prognostication of the imminent demise of the Cajuns MBB program. I am only saying to them, that this program is in the infancy of improvement, and not in the proported stage of rigamortis. That said, your point is true and understood. Have a good one. Geaux Cajuns!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: at ASU 2/8

Next year shouldn't be as bad as this one, but with more freshmen coming in next year, and losing Mouton, Hart, Hebert, james, etc., there will be some holes to fill and there will still be some growing pains.

Repeat after me

Chris Gradnigo 6'6" Guard
    "The Louisiana native is one of the camp surprises thus far. He’s shown some explosiveness around the basket and nice touch along the baseline. At 6-7 he looks like a high major combo-forward who can play inside out. Love his agressiveness at both ends of the floor."

See:http://www.bobgibbons.net/index.php?.cd_camp_day_2/

"The state’s top shooter, Gradnigo needs to work on his defense and intensity. Gradnigo averaged 20 points and 10 rebounds per game as a junior and was named southwestern Louisiana's player of the year. He visited Arkansas last weekend and the Razorbacks are considered the leader along with University of Louisiana, McNeese State, South Florida, Cincinnati, Iowa State and Colorado State."

See: http://www.nola.com/weblogs/print.ss.int192173.html

La'Ryan Gary 6'7" Guard
    "Baylor, new Tulane head coach Dave Dickerson and Louisiana Tech were also on hand to see guys like LaRyan Gary and Steve Payton.

Gary, a 6-foot-7 shooting guard/small forward, looked good in the first half with a nice, high-arching shot from deep as he buried a number of shots from 15 feet and out. Gary said he's hearing from Baylor, Louisiana Tech, Connecticut and Alabama."

See: http://arizonapreps.rivals.com/showm.031596&style=1

See: http://texas.rivals.com/viewprospect.2&pr_key=38469

Corey Bloom 6'4" Guard

"Helped lead Brother Martin to two straight Louisiana Class 5A state championships in 2004 and 2005.named to the All-State team after averaging 15.6 points per game, made 82 percent of his free throws and shot over 47 percent behind the three-point line as a senior.scored 21 points in the state championship game after netting 22 points in the semifinals and 26 in the quarterfinals.Brother Martin was ranked Fourth in the final USA Today National High School rankings with a 39-2 overall record.nominated for the McDonald's High School All-American team and was a High Honorable Mention All-America selection by Street & Smith's.averaged 17.2 points per game as a junior and 16.5 points as a sophomore."

See: http://uhcougars.cstv.com/sports/m-b.m_corey00.html

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    Repeat after me

"The Louisiana native is one of the camp surprises thus far. He’s shown some explosiveness around the basket and nice touch along the baseline. At 6-7 he looks like a high major combo-forward who can play inside out. Love his agressiveness at both ends of the floor."

"The state’s top shooter, Gradnigo needs to work on his defense and intensity. Gradnigo averaged 20 points and 10 rebounds per game as a junior and was named southwestern Louisiana's player of the year. He visited Arkansas last weekend and the Razorbacks are considered the leader along with University of Louisiana, McNeese State, South Florida, Cincinnati, Iowa State and Colorado State."

La'Ryan Gary 6'7" Guard
    "Baylor, new Tulane head coach Dave Dickerson and Louisiana Tech were also on hand to see guys like LaRyan Gary and Steve Payton.

Gary, a 6-foot-7 shooting guard/small forward, looked good in the first half with a nice, high-arching shot from deep as he buried a number of shots from 15 feet and out. Gary said he's hearing from Baylor, Louisiana Tech, Connecticut and Alabama."

Corey Bloom 6'4" Guard

"Helped lead Brother Martin to two straight Louisiana Class 5A state championships in 2004 and 2005.named to the All-State team after averaging 15.6 points per game, made 82 percent of his free throws and shot over 47 percent behind the three-point line as a senior.scored 21 points in the state championship game after netting 22 points in the semifinals and 26 in the quarterfinals.Brother Martin was ranked Fourth in the final USA Today National High School rankings with a 39-2 overall record.nominated for the McDonald's High School All-American team and was a High Honorable Mention All-America selection by Street & Smith's.averaged 17.2 points per game as a junior and 16.5 points as a sophomore."

The times Pica-you-nose sells Gradnigo short. Dude is ranked as one of the top 30 forwards in the country. He had offers from(not just interest shown) the following:

School Interest Level Offer? Visit Date Signed LOI?
    University of Louisiana Verbal Yes None
    Arkansas No Interest Yes 09/23/2006
    Cincinnati No Interest Yes 10/14/2006
    Colorado State No Interest Yes None

Notre Dame No Interest Yes 09/30/2006
    South Florida No Interest Yes None
    Tulane No Interest Yes None

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    Repeat after me

La'Ryan Gary 6'7" Guard

Corey Bloom 6'4" Guard

My point with next year wasn't that the talent was gonna drop off, but that the talent coming in would still be young. The guys on the team this year are growning by leaps and bounds, and just because these guys are getting all this experience and knowledge doesn't mean that those new guys won't have to. I understand they are great athletes, great players, great talents, but they are gonna have to go through some of the same things that this years team went through. How great are a few of this years freshmen starting to play right now (Milsap, Wallace, Lago), and we are already in Feb. I am not saying its gonna suck, but its not likely that we are gonna blow through the conference and make a run in the NCAA tourney. I just don't want folk's expectations to get too high and start blowing on the guys and the coaches when something like that doesn't happen. It's a building process. It will take a while.

big test tomorrow night. Glad to finally hear about the stream. I'll finally be able to listen to a game.

Default Basketball Rankings

Here are a few. *denotes record vacated

WINNINGEST COACHES ALL TIME BY % IN DIVISION II
    33. Beryl Shipley Louisiana .699
    53. Steve Rives Louisiana Col & Delta St .668
    57. Fred Hobdy Grambling .666

SINGLE GAME REBOUNDS - BOTH TEAMS
    134, Marshall (68) vs. *Louisiana (66), 1st rd, 3-11-1972

DIVISION I CHAMPIONSHIPS - NIT
    Year - 1984
    Champ - Michigan
    Runner-Up - Notre Dame
    3rd Place - Virginia Tech
    4th Place - Louisiana

DIVISION II CHAMPIONSHIPS
    Year - 1971
    Champ - Evansville
    Runner-Up - Old Dominion
    3rd Place - *Louisiana
    4th Place - Kentucky Wesleyan

2006 DIVISION I LEADERS
    Field Goal %
    10. Michael Southall Louisiana 61.7
    21. Quincy Davis Tulane 58.1
    28. Paul Millsap Louisiana Tech 57.1

Blocked Shots Per Game
    7. Michael Southall Louisiana 3.3
    9. Tyrus Thomas LSU 3.1

Opponents Field Goal %
    8. Louisiana 38.6
    14. Southern 39.3
    17. Tulane 39.6
    23. LSU 39.9

Blocked Shots Per Game
    6. LSU 6.6
    18. Louisiana 5.6
    26. Tulane 5.0

Default Re: Basketball Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888

WINNINGEST COACHES ALL TIME BY % IN DIVISION II
    33. Beryl Shipley Louisiana .699
    53. Steve Rives Louisiana Col & Delta St .668
    57. Fred Hobdy Grambling .666

SINGLE GAME REBOUNDS - BOTH TEAMS
    134, Marshall (68) vs. *Louisiana (66), 1st rd, 3-11-1972

Year - 1984
    Champ - Michigan
    Runner-Up - Notre Dame
    4th Place - Louisiana

DIVISION II CHAMPIONSHIPS
    Year - 1971
    Champ - Evansville
    Runner-Up - Old Dominion
    3rd Place - *Louisiana
    4th Place - Kentucky Wesleyan

2006 DIVISION I LEADERS
    Field Goal %
    10. Michael Southall Louisiana 61.7
    21. Quincy Davis Tulane 58.1
    28. Paul Millsap Louisiana Tech 57.1

Blocked Shots Per Game
    7. Michael Southall Louisiana 3.3
    9. Tyrus Thomas LSU 3.1

Opponents Field Goal %
    8. Louisiana 38.6
    14. Southern 39.3
    17. Tulane 39.6
    23. LSU 39.9

Blocked Shots Per Game
    6. LSU 6.6
    18. Louisiana 5.6
    26. Tulane 5.0
    LLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default 2006 Basketball Attendance Rankings

ATTENDANCE RANKINGS
    TEAM
    TOTAL
    AVERAGE
    LSU
    Louisiana
    La Tech
    Tulane
    Southern
    Grambling
    Southeastern La.
    Centenary
    McNeese St
    La-Monroe
    New Orleans
    Nicholls St

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Basketball Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888

Year - 1984
    Champ - Michigan
    Runner-Up - Notre Dame
    4th Place - Louisiana
    Man, that reminded me of a story. my cousin went to Notre Dame and he sent me a t-shirt. Bobby Paschal lived right up the street from my parents in Lafayette. I was out mowing my parents lawn, wearing that ND t-shirt. I was a UL student at the time, but thought nothing of my free-bee t-shirts that said just about anything. Paschal came jogging by the house, I looked up and waved at him. he looked at my Notre Dame t-shirt (it said nothing but Notre Dame) and he gave me a stare that liked to made me "poop my draws". It was right after the 84 NIT tourney.

I thought. dang, what is his problem. Then it occurred to me. The Cajuns had just come home from the NIT. He had a look that had to have scared the pee out of incoming freshman players. I never got to know him outside of BB games, and don't know whether he ever stopped looking so serious. I liked his coaching style. Intense, but not wild. He used incredible stares to hammer referees. They were insane looking and they worked.

Default Re: 2006 Basketball Attendance Rankings

Wow,

This is a sad state of state basketball

I have a Question Re: 2006 Basketball Attendance Rankings

where did you get those numbers?

UL Basketball Re: 2006 Basketball Attendance Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by fleaux
    where did you get those numbers?
    Just what I'm thinking.I have our total attandance at 32,711 for the year which averages out to 2726/game.

Default Re: 2006 Basketball Attendance Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau
    Just what I'm thinking.I have our total attandance at 32,711 for the year which averages out to 2726/game.

Exactly. Visit www.sunbeltsports.org and click on basketball then stats and scroll down. These numbers arent even close.

Louisiana/Lafayette | 12-32711 2726
    Louisiana/Monroe | 12-20122 1677
    Middle Tennessee | 11-45102 4100
    Arkansas State | 11-34245 3113
    North Texas | 13-25001 1923
    South Alabama | 13-43277 3329
    Western Kentucky | 12-63153 5263
    UALR | 12-37801 3150
    Denver | 12-16076 1340
    Fla. Atlantic | 10-7581 758
    Fla. International | 11-5672 516
    New Orleans | 11-5749 523