Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst . 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2006-2007 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

1. UL Basketball Ragin' Cajuns take late win from UNO

It might have been a changing of the guard.

It was definitely UL's most exciting basketball win of the year, and it was provided not as much by the veteran upperclassmen as three brash freshmen.

One of those freshmen, guard Willie Lago, nailed a high-arching jumper with 19 seconds left for the winning points in the Ragin' Cajuns' comeback 67-64 victory over New Orleans Saturday night at the Cajundome.

Lago's basket capped a furious comeback that saw UL (6-17, 4-9) come back from a 13-point deficit in the final 10 minutes and steal a win that the Privateers appeared to have salted away midway through the final half.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

UL Basketball Re: Ragin' Cajuns Victorious

There you go know they will be coming back you guys are the wrost fans in the world

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico
    a sweet win. 3 freshmen on the court most of the second half. Just might be bringing the fair weather fans back to the dome next year.

I promise. I wont say, I told you so. That'd be rude.

L'Ronte'
    Hey can someone tell me why is Coach Lee not playing Hart?

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Victorious

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy
    Hey can someone tell me why is Coach Lee not playing Hart?
    Probably because we are the wrost fans in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Personally, I like brat wrost.

so are we going to be an A hole about this

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

so are we going to be an A hole about this
    You started it, gah!!

I wanna be wrost. Can I, can I?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna
    I wanna be wrost. Can I, can I?
    I was just trying to give the guy a ride. He criticized us, then tried to get info. from us. what is that all about.

What is your angle about Hart, Rudeboy? did you know him when he was in Kansas? I honestly don't know why he isn't playing. i don't get to watch many games, but i do have a feeling its because the coach has been running a lot smallerteam out there with the likes of lago, dees, mouton, millsap, hebert, etc. plus, you also have milson, wallace, and james that hart splits time with. only my assumptions.

I was just trying to give the guy a ride. He criticized us, then tried to get info. from us. what is that all about.

What is your angle about Hart, Rudeboy? did you know him when he was in Kansas? I honestly don't know why he isn't playing. i don't get to watch many games, but i do have a feeling its because the coach has been running a lot smallerteam out there with the likes of lago, dees, mouton, millsap, hebert, etc. plus, you also have milson, wallace, and james that hart splits time with. only my assumptions.
    What are you trying to say i have to know Hart to ask why he is not playing? and like you said you haven been watching all the games, so you really don know but i have been to all the home games and i watch this kid play and if you was at the game you will ask the same thing, this kid plays hard every time i saw him play and i didnt even know what school oh where he have came from. Just asking a question buddy dont be mad at me for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico
    a sweet win. 3 freshmen on the court most of the second half. Just might be bringing the fair weather fans back to the dome next year.

I promise. I wont say, I told you so. That'd be rude.

L'Ronte'
    I really think that the freshmen are playing good and we are going to be a good team in the long run

What are you trying to say i have to know Hart to ask why he is not playing? and like you said you haven been watching all the games, so you really don know but i have been to all the home games and i watch this kid play and if you was at the game you will ask the same thing, this kid plays hard every time i saw him play and i didnt even know what school oh where he have came from. Just asking a question buddy dont be mad at me for asking.
    I was wondering the same thing about Hart.

Ouch. At least you don't take things personal. Whoever said I was mad? I never said I was mad. So cool it.

And the kansas question was legitimate. That is where you say you're from. thought you might have been in school with him, or was an old coach or something.

Take a look below, his minutes only declined for the last game. Maybe he was benched because Wallace was playing so well, or because he was little ill or something.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas.466/index.html

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Ragin' Cajuns Victorious

I never realized how close we were to winning so many of the games we lost this year! I just wanna be the first to say.Next season.I bet we run the tables in the SunBelt! Nothing less than uncontested conference Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    I never realized how close we were to winning so many of the games we lost this year! I just wanna be the first to say.Next season.I bet we run the tables in the SunBelt! Nothing less than uncontested conference Champions!
    I tried to illustrate that same fact in other threads. Had we been more productive at the free throw line, we would possibly have 8 or 9 more wins easy. Our team has struggled at the line this year. That's supposed to be the easiest shot to make next to a fast break layup.

Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst . 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 . LastLast

Thread Information