:37 2nd

Default Re: vs. UALR

UALR 59
    Louisiana 55

Quote Originally Posted by jhaan79
    UALR 59
    Louisiana 55
    I was there, that was a game between two very bad teams. In my 38 years of watching Cajun basketball, this may be one of the worst teams we have ever put on the floor. But, I will continue to be there.

7. UL Basketball Re: Ragin' Cajuns lose UL-55 UALR-59

LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) — Terrance Akins hit four 3-pointers in the second half to rally Arkansas-Little Rock from a halftime deficit and beat Louisiana-Lafayette 59-55 in a Sun Belt Conference game Thursday night.

Akins paced the Trojans with a game-high 21 points while Rashad Jones-Jennings grabbed a game-high 17 rebounds.

Louisiana-Lafayette (2-11, 0-3 Sun Belt) held the Trojans to 28.6 percent shooting in the first half but took just a 24-22 lead at the half.

Arkansas-Little Rock (7-7, 2-1) made 8-of-14 shots to start the second half and regained the lead for good, 46-42, with six minutes remaining.

The Cajuns, who dropped their sixth straight game, would go scoreless until the 3:34 mark and during that time the Trojans stretched its lead to 51-42.

The rest of the story

Homes SO Clean

8. Default Re: vs. UALR

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref
    I was there, that was a game between two very bad teams. In my 38 years of watching Cajun basketball, this may be one of the worst teams we have ever put on the floor. But, I will continue to be there.
    I was there also and I agree 100%. Not much to get excited about when we can't even get a rebound after UALR misses their freethrows. What happened to the defense we played at the beginning of the year?!?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan
    What happened to the defense we played at the beginning of the year?!?
    What happened to the defense we played in the first half?

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns lose UL-55 UALR-59

I think "Reality" is finally starting to set in with these players. The hopes for having double digits in the WIN column is fading away, and I believe our guys are realizing that. They don't have the "Fire" that they had beginning of this season. Sort of like they're just going through the motions, which is p!ss poor considering that we still have a good bit of games left. We MIGHT, and MIGHT being the key word, win three more games. But then again, if they continue to play in this fashion, 2 wins MIGHT be what we finish with.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan
    I was there also and I agree 100%. Not much to get excited about when we can't even get a rebound after UALR misses their freethrows. What happened to the defense we played at the beginning of the year?!?
    Not to say we were blocking out well, but most of those missed free throws were clanging right back into the ULAR hands. For reasons already stated, I think this team has backed off on intensity. It was so apparent that ULAR, who in no way played talent-laden basketball, was very aggressive. There were some fouls that should have been called against ULAR, but when they were not, you have to play up to that aggression level. I'm trying to see inside the minds of the team. which is impossible. but it appears they "feel" overmatched physically and don't want the battle. I want to see Coach Lee keep these guys busting it, regardless, until the season clock runs out. This kind of year is when players with backbone step up and show their character. I am disappointed that I did not see that last night.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: vs. UALR

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    Not to say we were blocking out well, but most of those missed free throws were clanging right back into the ULAR hands. For reasons already stated, I think this team has backed off on intensity. It was so apparent that ULAR, who in no way played talent-laden basketball, was very aggressive. There were some fouls that should have been called against ULAR, but when they were not, you have to play up to that aggression level. I'm trying to see inside the minds of the team. which is impossible. but it appears they "feel" overmatched physically and don't want the battle. I want to see Coach Lee keep these guys busting it, regardless, until the season clock runs out. This kind of year is when players with backbone step up and show their character. I am disappointed that I did not see that last night.
    Well stated.The lack of intensity on our players part made last nights game very difficult to watch. So what's the problem? Is it associated with our players youth? Player's personal character? Or.is it the the coaching?

Here is a positive spin, for the sake of trying to be positive. Milsap looks good enough to be a third scorer, Milson is consistantly pounding the boards (he just needs to get the ball fed to him a little more), Rhett scored with a little more confidence, and C. Wallace had some fight in him. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but after Wallace wrestled with #24 the cajuns actually showed a tiny bit of fire. We didn't look as shaky breaking the press or the 1/2 court trap and our freethrows aren't horrible. If Ross gets back to 12-15 points a game and Milsap and D. Dees continue to play like they have been, they will start winning.

I think the improvement needs to come from the Point Guard (Lago) and Valentino needs more playing time. The players need to be motivated to be more aggressive. On one play, Rhett was breaking the press and instead of pulling it out like they had been he pushed a pass to Ross (he missed the layup, but it was aggressive). We'll see how the Monroe game goes.

I was there. The mental aspect of the numerous losses is definitely taking a toll , I think. These guys are in a really bad "head space" at this point. I don't see any way to overcome it except to rack up some wins, but I don't see it happening with the mental attitude of the team at this date.

Far and away the most disquieting part of the game was the disgruntled crowd. With not many people in attendance and the acoustics of the arena, I heard a lot of yelling of opinions- all directed at Lee, not the players. He took a lot of grief from the crowd last night. In fact, I felt a current of downright anger in the Cajundome last night. It was disconcerting for me as a fan, so I can't imagine the effect on the team and staff. I guess I wasn't fully aware of how, excuse my French, ____ed off people really are about the state of the team until last night.

15. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns lose UL-55 UALR-59

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat
    If Ross gets back to 12-15 points a game
    Ross was fighting off the flu and had a bad ankle last night. He hadn't practiced for two days.

Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 . LastLast

Thread Information