Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2006-2007 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Default Re: Basketball team next year?

Quote Originally Posted by SwampHound
    I think your right, if Ford returns he would be a Sr. Are you talking about Josh Darragh? I forgot him, have not heard much about him. That would make 16 players if everyone stays and all expected to come in do so. That seems a lot of players for one roster. This year's roster only list 12 players.
    Ford is in school and I expect he will be on the squad next year. I also suspect his temper will be more under control. If he plays, he will be a contributor. He had a fine game against Louisville in the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    Ford is in school and I expect he will be on the squad next year. I also suspect his temper will be more under control. If he plays, he will be a contributor. He had a fine game against Louisville in the tourney.
    I hope he does get a chance to return and has his temper under control. By the looks of things right now, he may be the only froncourt player we have that can score on the inside next season.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    Dude was amazing in Nashville. He shot an airball. after that it was lights out!

Z.

UL Basketball Re: Basketball team next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    \

Derek Gray is 6'1 or 6'2 not 6'6
    I thought that Adam James was a year behind Ross Mouton due to the year he had the back injury?!?!?!

DaddyCajun

Quote Originally Posted by SwampHound
    I hope he does get a chance to return and has his temper under control. By the looks of things right now, he may be the only froncourt player we have that can score on the inside next season.
    Even with his temper I hope he returns because sometimes you need a guy with a mean streak.

We'd better go out and find some talent outside of the guard position!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    I thought that Adam James was a year behind Ross Mouton due to the year he had the back injury?!?!?!

DaddyCajun
    James played in a couple of games his freshman year then he sustained a back injury. A player does not apply or get granted a medical redshirt until after his Senior year. At least that is the way I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    There was a train of thought at one time earlier this season that some of these guys wouldnt be asked back.

Z.

I'm pretty sure that Ed Turner will not be welcomed back. There may also be at least one more who does not return. We need to open up scholarship spots for at least one post player if not two.

My way of saying it would be. "We need to open up some spots for SOME TALENT, not just a post man or two!"

UL Basketball Re: Basketball team next year?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun1300
    I'm pretty sure that Ed Turner will not be welcomed back. There may also be at least one more who does not return. We need to open up scholarship spots for at least one post player if not two.

Let us in on "YOUR" secret! What is the premises behind this statement? Why would a coach let a player go who has so much talent? In my opinion.out of all the players left on the team after the departure of Mike S., Chris C., and Dwayne M.the core unit of players "MUST" consist of Turner, Mouton, Barksdale, Fields, Hart and Adams! Too much time regarding player development and team continuity has been invested in this core group of players. Logically, if you start chopping away at the cog's of this foundation, you stand the risk of having the same problems next season, regarding the cohesiveness of the players as a functioning, viable unit, as well as the "lack" of understanding regarding the coaching philosophy emphasised as to what it takes to be successful in the SunBelt. :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    Let us in on "YOUR" secret! What is the premises behind this statement? Why would a coach let a player go who has so much talent? In my opinion.out of all the players left on the team after the departure of Mike S., Chris C., and Dwayne M.the core unit of players "MUST" consist of Turner, Mouton, Barksdale, Fields, Hart and Adams! Too much time regarding player development and team continuity has been invested in this core group of players. Logically, if you start chopping away at the cog's of this foundation, you stand the risk of having the same problems next season, regarding the cohesiveness of the players as a functioning, viable unit, as well as the "lack" of understanding regarding the coaching philosophy emphasised as to what it takes to be successful in the SunBelt. :confused:
    My starting 5 next year with what we know we will have would be.

PG - Cooke
    SG - Dees
    F - Mouton
    F - Fields
    F - Hart

If Spencer Ford is back on the team I would add him into the starting lineup instead of Fields.

Also I think the bench will be fairly strong next year with.
    - Pesoli having an extra year to become better. He was expected to do a lot more this year but I think sitting out last year and really getting use to the level of basketball we play hurt him but I think he will be a good one in the future
    - Forrest he might be a freshmen but I have liked what I have heard about him so far
    - Gary will also be a freshmen but I think he will be able to make a contribution off the bench
    - Barksdale, Darragh, and Hebert will all be able to give good minutes at the point off the bench and for that first month of the season untill Cooke is eligible.
    - Derek Grey might also be back next year and I like the potential and if he can fulfill that potential he could be another big contributer to the team next season.
    - As much I like Adam James because of his heart and fight on the court I think he will still be a guy to count on for minutes off of the bench. I just don't see him as a viable option in the starting lineup but who knows what will happen with him in the next year to change my mind.

We need to add a JUCO big man who can play right away and maybe a high school big man that we can develope.

12. UL Basketball Re: Basketball team next year?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun1300
    I have no insight but why would he be allowed to play 9 and 13 minutes the last 2 games respectively and not be brought back the next year?

PG - Cooke
    SG - Dees
    F - Mouton
    F - Fields
    F - Hart

If Spencer Ford is back on the team I would add him into the starting lineup instead of Fields.

Also I think the bench will be fairly strong next year with.
    - Pesoli having an extra year to become better. He was expected to do a lot more this year but I think sitting out last year and really getting use to the level of basketball we play hurt him but I think he will be a good one in the future
    - Forrest he might be a freshmen but I have liked what I have heard about him so far
    - Gary will also be a freshmen but I think he will be able to make a contribution off the bench
    - Barksdale, Darragh, and Hebert will all be able to give good minutes at the point off the bench and for that first month of the season untill Cooke is eligible.
    - Derek Grey might also be back next year and I like the potential and if he can fulfill that potential he could be another big contributer to the team next season.
    - As much I like Adam James because of his heart and fight on the court I think he will still be a guy to count on for minutes off of the bench. I just don't see him as a viable option in the starting lineup but who knows what will happen with him in the next year to change my mind.

We need to add a JUCO big man who can play right away and maybe a high school big man that we can develope.
    I would much rather have Barksdale or Hebert starting next year with their experience. They are both giving valuable minutes this season.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Basketball team next year?

PG - Cooke
    SG - Dees
    F - Mouton
    F - Fields
    F - Hart
    First off, I would like to say I'm very proud and supportive of every player who don's a Cajun uniform! I have no favorites, and I enjoy each player for the special talent that each player shares with us!

I agree with you Clutch, especially if Dees and Cooke do not turn out to be over rated!.However, I am not sold on "Fields, Hart, and Mouton!" I don't think these three players are superior athletes in contrast to E. Turner! E. Turner is a better basketball player.hands down! Ed's talent is undeniable! Now, what's keeping him from playing in a consistent manner regarding turn-overs and poor shot selection.I have no clue!

The only players "at this point" who would be a viable starter from our current roster is E. Turner and maaaaaaaaaybe J.T. Fields.

Mouton plays with great hustle.a good defender, but is very limited as a scorer and is often out manned by players who are more athletic than he is! You can even say the same about J.T. Fields.just add kinda weak physically to that category. V. Hart, is not very tuff on the boards and is very limited as a scorer.I just see him get bullied way too much!

Drawing my conclusion from the current players on our team, my starting lineup would look like this:

1st Team

PG-Cooke
    SG-Dees
    SF-Turner
    4th-??? (*If Ford returns.he may fill this spot!)
    5th-???

2nd Team

PG-Barksdale
    F-Mouton
    F-Fields
    F-Hart
    F-Adams

3rd Team
    PG-Hebert
    F-Pesoli
    G-Forest
    F-Gary

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    First off, I would like to say I'm very proud and supportive of every player who don's a Cajun uniform! I have no favorites, and I enjoy each player for the special talent that each player shares with us!

I agree with you Clutch, especially if Dees and Cooke do not turn out to be over rated!.However, I am not sold on "Fields, Hart, and Mouton!" I don't think these three players are superior atheletes in contrast to E. Turner! E. Turner is a better basketball player.hands down! Ed's talent is undiniable! Now, what's keeping him from playing in a consitent manner regarding turn-overs and poor shot selection.I have no clue!

The only players "at this point" who would be a viable starter from our current roster is E. Turner and maaaaaaaaaybe J.T. Fields.

Mouton plays with great hustle.a good defender, but is very limited as a scorer and is often out manned by players who are more atehletic than he is! You can even say the same about J.T. Fields.just add kinda weak physically to that catagory. V. Hart, is not very tuff on the boards and is very limited as a scorer.I just see him get bullied way too much!

Drawing my conclusion from the current players on our team, my starting lineup would look like this:

1st Team

PG-Cooke
    SG-Dees
    SF-Turner
    4th-??? (*If Ford returns.he may fill this spot!)
    5th-???

2nd Team

PG-Barksdale
    F-Mouton
    F-Fields
    F-Hart
    F-Adams

3rd Team
    PG-Hebert
    F-Pesoli
    G-Forest
    F-Gary
    I agree with everything you said but I think that Turner brings down the players around him. You can tell he has talent on offense but like you said poor shot selection.

I think a JUCO big man will fill one of our holes but you can't depend on that as we have seen this year. Fields and Mouton I see as very similar players but I think Mouton has finally come into his own. I'm very interested in seeing how Coach Lee handles the loss of Mitchell, Southall, and Cameron but its been talked about on here before that he has been out recruiting hard and hopefully it pays off.

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information