Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2006-2007 Ragin' Cajuns Basketball

Default Re: Basketball Season Opener

Quote Originally Posted by cajunlove
    I'm there.
    I will also be there along with Wife. Do have two extra tickets if anybody wants them let me know.

I'll be there as well. I have heard commercials all week long for for the game on 96.5 as I'm driving to work (@ the ungodly hour of 6:30 AM). The commercials stated that it is Kids' Night. Kids get in free tonight (2 kids per paying adult).

Cajuns up early 5-3 17:11 left in the 1st

anybody know the story on randal daigle, there are a few missing from the team?

cajuns win 76-68

Quote Originally Posted by ragin91cajun
    cajuns win 76-68
    That was scary! Down by 3 late in the game to Ouachita Baptist! Ouch! At least they didn't panic and lose the game. LOTS of turn-overs and missed free throws. The good news is this young team will improve dramatically as the season progresses. The bad news is we start hitting a seriously tough slate of opponents, starting with Ole Miss next. It will definitely get ugly before it starts to get better. I just hope they aren't too scarred from the beatings to make the kind of progress that I think they can make this season. Best of luck to Coach Lee and the team this season!

31 Turnovers! As coach Lee said about the next game, "the game will be over at the 10 minute mark if the guards don't improve"

A win is a win, maybe. But, man that was UUUGGGLLLYYY!!!:o

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna
    A win is a win, maybe. But, man that was UUUGGGLLLYYY!!!:o
    You said it. Coach Lee has his work cut out for him, for sure.

A wise person said to me last night that Mouton and Dees will have to realize that they are the leaders and will have to carry this team to some extent. After thinking on it, I have to agree. Ross was able to create some shots for himself last night, and as the night wore on, Dees really got into all aspects of the game.

And this team is all over the place. They hit on all cylinders then tank out. That includes free throws. In the first half, we couldn't miss one. In the second half, we couldn't buy one until the very end when we needed them most. It's crazy to watch. Watching them last night, I felt that the faster the tempo was, the better they played. Being so young, I think it's a matter of not giving them too much time to think! lol To me when they "just play" and draw on their natural athletic ability, the offense seems to work much better. But goodness knows I ain't no coach, so I'll leave it up to Lee to get the best out of this young team.

My player of the game last night- Tyren Johnson. Played well, hustled ALL the way on both ends of the court (plus he dunked it, gotta love that ). My favorite player of the season so far- Willie Lago. I have no reason for this choice other than I love his name- "Lago my Eggo!"- and he's like a spastic bunny out there with his dreads flying everywhere. He's not doing much right yet, but I love to watch him.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate
    You said it. Coach Lee has his work cut out for him for sure.

A wise person said to me last night that Mouton and Dees will have to realize that they are the leaders and will have to carry this team to some extent. After thinking on it, I have to agree. Ross was able to create some shots for himself last night and as the night wore on, Dees really got into all aspects of the game.

And this team is all over the place. They hit on all cylinders then tank out. That includes free throws. In the first half, we couldn't miss one. In the secind half, we couldn't buy one until the very end when we needed them most. It's crazy to watch. Watching them last night, I felt that the faster the tempo was, the better they played. Being so young, I think it's matter of not giving them too much time to think! lol They need to play and draw on their natural athletic ability. But goodness knows I ain't no coach, so I'll leave it up to Lee to get the best out of this young team.

My player of the game last night- Tyren Johnson. Played well, hustled ALL the way on both ends of the court (plus he dunked it, gotta love that ). My favorite player of the season so far- Willie Lago. I have no reason for this choice other than I love his name- "Lago my Eggo!" and he's like a spastic bunny out there with his dreads flying everywhere. He's not doing much right yet, but I love to watch him.
    Until I can make a game, I am going to keep an eye out for your postgame color commentary. I like the "Lago my Eggo". I think we are going to need some upbeat views this season as Coach Lee formulates a team. I want to win every time, but I am patient enough to support Coach Lee as he creates "his" program. Off to Lafayette for the UL/NT game.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    Until I can make a game, I am going to keep an eye out for your postgame color commentary. I like the "Lago my Eggo". I think we are going to need some upbeat views this season as Coach Lee formulates a team. I want to win every time, but I am patient enough to support Coach Lee as he creates "his" program. Off to Lafayette for the UL/NT game.
    Good attitude, highly commendable young men and student athletes, "Lee's program", high discipline, far less talent and youth = about 5 win season (D1 wins) and maybe the worst team in modern history concerning Cajuns basketball.

Lee's program is one where the Cajuns program has sunk to the bottom of an ever weakening sunbelt conference.

If that is what the fans want, then fine, they have it. But putting together 4 year runs to have a chance at sunbelt title, much less wins in NCAA tourney, are not really what has gone on in this program in past. I would prefer a chance at sunbelt title each year, at least a chance.

This team might have a chance in Ouchita Baptist's conference, but that is about it.

First, Lee wanted to bring in talented, but undisciplined transfers, and proclaimed his team a sweet sixteen team. Then he dumped all those guys, instead of trying to mold them (after all, if you bring in players like that you can't run a boot camp or you should not have brought them in at all). Now, he wants to build a 4 year run with high character high schoolers, none of which were recruited by SEC type teams.

Start, stop, start, stop. A lot of confusion going on Lee seems to be able to get a bunch of high character underclassmen to buy into his approach, so at least he has that going for him.

Lee should write a book on how to turn the top flagship basketball program in the sunbelt, one that had been knocking on the door of the national scene, into one that is at the bottom for a couple of years and then becomes competitive in sunbelt every 3 or 4 years or so.

In past seasons we were left to wonder if the Cajuns could win the sunbelt and make an NCAA run. Some years it was more probable than others, but always a legitimate question. This year, the question is can this team win 5 D1 games on their schedule. I think they can, if they keep improving

Man oh man,
    The football team is in the dumps. (I wish I would have never told anyone about the Houston win)
    Im not looking forward to basketball.

Its hard to be a UL fan.

well there is one thing for certain(or so I hope ). I cant wait for spring sports Where I might get back my pride to be a Cajun. because right now its looking shady. Football team SUCKS, basketball team, we don't know yet, but more than likely SUCKS. then theres SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Basketball Season Opener

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns
    Man oh man,
    The football team is in the dumps. (I wish I would have never told anyone about the Houston win)
    Im not looking forward to basketball.

Its hard to be a UL fan.
    Keep the faith, the overall PROGRAM is going in the RIGHT direction. We will in the next year or so be able to pay much more for coaches, marketing and recruiting!

Daddy Cajun

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Keep the faith, the overall PROGRAM is going in the RIGHT direction. We will in the next year or so be able to pay much more for coaches, marketing and recruiting!

Daddy Cajun
    Help me out here. Is that Zoloft or Xanax you're taking?

Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread Information